These instructions will walk you through how to install institutional sprinkler connections.
Please view warnings and cautions before installation.
- Standard Pipe Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Adjustable Wrench
- Screw Driver
- Hand drill
- 3/16” masonry drill bit
- Sprinkler Pipe Thread Sealant
- Teflon Tape
- Two (2) ¼” x 1-3/4” Tapcon Masonry Anchor Screws
- Mounting the FlexHead® Clamp #UH to concrete wall/ceiling.
- Remove one (1) FlexHead® clamp #UH with attachment bolt from box.
- Place clamp #UH over previously drilled hole in concrete wall. Align center hole in clamp with hole in wall. Make sure attachment ears of clamp #UH are against wall or ceiling. Mark each of the two (2) 1/4” attachment holes on ears of FlexHead® clamp # UH. Remove FlexHead® clamp #UH. (See Figure 1)
- Using a 3/16” masonry drill bit, drill out both of the marked attachment holes on concrete wall or ceiling. (See Figure 2)
- Place clamp #UH over hole in wall and line up holes in attachment ears with 3/16” holes previously drilled in the concrete wall or ceiling. Install two (2) ¼”x 1-3/4” Tapcon Masonry Anchor Screws until tight anchoring FlexHead® Clamp # UH to concrete wall or ceiling. (See Figure 3)
- Connect FlexHead® To Sprinkler Branch Line.
- Apply Teflon tape and pipe sealant to one inch (1”) male threaded end of FlexHead® per NFPA guidelines.
- With standard Pipe wrench, attach one inch (1”) male threaded end of FlexHead® to sprinkler pipe branch per NFPA, state and local code guidelines by using one (1”) inch rigid male pipe end of FlexHead® as a wrenching surface. Do not use welded or braided section of FlexHead® hose as a wrenching surface. Not intended to be installed in vertical orientation with no bends. (See Figure 4)
- Position FlexHead® Assembly
- Bend the FlexHead® hose assembly to hold the desired location. The FlexHead® has a three inch (3”) minimum bend radius per UL guidelines. Do not over bend or torque the FlexHead® hose assembly. (See Figure 5)
- Insert outlet fitting end of FlexHead® unit into prepared hole in concrete ceiling or wall with FlexHead® clamp # UH attached. Penetration through the ceiling or wall shall be acceptable by authority having jurisdiction.
- From opposite side of the ceiling or wall attach sprinkler head, properly prepared with teflon tape and sealant to FlexHead® outlet fitting per NFPA and sprinkler head manufacturer guidelines. Do not torque or twist FlexHead® during installation process.
- Adjust the sprinkler head to the desired position. Tighten the attachment bolt on FlexHead® Clamp #UH clockwise until tight on outlet fitting of FlexHead® Hose assembly. (See Figure 6)
- Complete Installation
- Test installation of sprinkler system for any leaks per NFPA guidelines. (See Figure 7)